The Watson-Shafer Home
about the Watson-Shafer home…
This house was built in 1913 for Dr. T. W. Watson, a doctor and the county treasurer who moved here from Lincoln when Carrizozo became the county seat.
In the 1920s, the house was occupied by J. B. French, who owned the Ford Garage, and his wife Alice, a school teacher. The Shafer family owned the house from the 1940s until 1983.
The house has been altered little. The building in back, originally a one-story adobe garage, was made into an apartment. Both are now private residences.